Wednesday 4 February 2009

NO FIT STATE...


My exercise routine is becoming just that - a routine. It needs a good old fashioned shake-up to re-awaken sleeping muscles that have lay dormant (and cold) for too long. And I really should know better.
It seemed like fate was playing a hand when I received an email inviting me to join a six week static trapeze course. The blurb said:
"Static trapeze originated as a circus art. The performer works with music to create a routine around the ropes and bar using tricks, drops, rolls, holds and linking moves whilst keeping the equipment still. This is a creative process and no two artists link standard moves in the same way".
The creative bit sounds appealing, I like exercising to music (only ever run with ipod) and I'm already envisaging myself looking like one of the stunning aerial performers I saw last year at the No Fit State Circus* in Hackney!
But this was the bit that really sold it to me:
"Learning trapeze develops confidence and self reliance and something really interesting to talk about at parties."
Can't argue with that!

Photo: No Fit State Circus
*Performing at the Roundhouse, 28 March - 19 April - go see, you won't be disappointed.
Trapeze courses at www.myaerialhome.vpweb.co.uk

No comments: