Wednesday 25 March 2009

IL FUME...


I have a client who is so pro-smoking I have long given up any futile attempts at 'encouraging' him to quit. My words not only fall on deaf ears, but seem to provoke a pavlovian response that makes him want to light up immediately. Once we were running past a riverside pub on a wintry day when he noticed it had those outdoor heaters. With no hint of irony he turned to me and announced 'I must come back here and smoke'! You know who you are...!!

Photo: Tony Linck
Runner smoking cigarette while running marathon. Montreal, Canada 1949

1 comment:

David Titlow said...

i like that story - can you investigate egg consumption please? keith sez it has now ben proven that they are totally safe and non cholestoral and you can eat tons of them - he celebrated this news by fixing himself a huge omlette -